Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm old..

I'm not ancient. I know that. I'm not even really that old.
But I sure do feel like it.
I realize that I am grown. I have a teen-aged daughter nearly out of high school.
I would love to think I were that young and silly 24 yr that used to get into so much trouble.
She ran around, worked for just enough money to buy essentials for her daughter and party.
I was fortunate enough to have parents that cared for my daughter when I was away.
I was an irresponsible mother and I allowed myself to behave recklessly with no concern for anyone but myself. Now, that's not what I want to be. I want to be a good mother and provide my daughter with an upbringing that will leave her ready and capable to survive on her own some day.
But, I miss the freeedom. The go and do. The lack of responsibility. No cares or concerns. I never even voted back then.
But, I am not that girl anymore.My body can't handle it. If I run around and do.. this leads to at least 2 days of recovery. And what "grown-up" has time for that??
Nowadays, I just wanna sleep.
So, ya. Maybe I'm old.
Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment